FLOODWAY DEVELOPMENT REGULATION CONSULTATION
This survey / workbook is a key part of the consultation on development of Floodway Development Regulation, which involves expanding the scope of consultations to include all of Alberta’s municipalities that have identified flood hazard areas, other industry stakeholders, the general public, and any other interested party who wishes to comment.
Depending upon convenience and accessibility, we encourage you to use any one of the following three options to provide us with your input:
- Please click on “survey” to access the online survey. Once finished filling in the fields, please click on “submit” button provided at the end of the survey.
- Please click on “download” to download the workbook and save it on your computer for filling in offline. Once filled, please save it and send it as an attachment to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any input or comments you would like to provide in addition to the workbook are also welcome through the above e-mail address.
- The printed copy of your filled-in workbook or any additional comments can also be sent via postage to the following address:
Attn: Floodway Development Regulation
17th Floor Commerce Place
10155 – 102 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5J 4L4
Please download the Task Force stakeholder “discussion paper”. It provides further information on the proposed Floodway Development Regulation and presents the results of facilitated discussions among members of the Floodway Development Regulation Task Force. The information will provide users with clarity on workbook questions.
Please note that the on-line survey will close on September 30, 2014
WELCOME TO PEACE RIVER
Peace River is a progressive urban centre located in northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated within the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and just two hours northeast of Grande Prairie and has air, rail and bus services.
Peace River provides a wide range of services for its residents and surrounding areas. Among these are an impressive combination of businesses including locally owned downtown stores and restaurants, as well as national and international retailers. Peace River also has a strong support system through a multitude of social services agencies, a variety of cultural sites, various bike trails, a ski hill, an indoor pool, as well as a number of annual events and cultural festivals. If you are looking for a friendly and supportive community with a long list of activities and services, Peace River certainly fits the bill.
For more information about Peace River, please take some time to view the following links:
- Peace River – Background videos (Video 1, Video 2)
- Census Information
- If you are in the process of relocating to Peace River, please click here for lots of useful information or here for our location. You can also click on the Forms/Publications Tab on the right hand side of this page, to access some of our more popular community information items and publications.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
- Twitter: @TOPROfficial
- Facebook: Town of Peace River (Official) – Did you know that if you aren’t signed up for facebook, you can still read our facebook page and have access to all of our announcments? Just click on the facebook icon at the top of this page.
CURRENT TOWN OF PEACE RIVER PROGRAMS, INITIATIVES AND PARTNERSHIPS: